Friday, August 8, 2008

Episode 4 Recap

My god what an absolutely heart racing episode of Project Runway.

This episode of Project Runway started off with Korto mentioning how she was so sad that Emily was gone. Boo freakin' hoo. Sorry but I don't particularly miss her, but hey maybe that's just me. The designers left for Project Runway HQ where the winner of last weeks challenge (Kenley) decided to stay with her model and therefore eliminated Emily's. How sad. Anyways, now that Bravo has yet again de-importantized the models, we move on to the challenge.

In this episode, a feild trip! How exciting! Gotta love those. Tim Gunn takes the designers on a magical adventure to...oh, no it was just a track and field place. Not as exciting as the Hershey's store I guess. Inside the building, they meet Apolo Ohno, an Olympic gold medalist who apparently knows a thing or two about Olympic fashion. It is revealed that their challenge is to make an opening ceremonies outfit for the American team. And the designers are off on their fantastic adventure in fashion.

At Mood drama ensues. First Keith takes Terri's fabric (shame on you Keith!) and doesn't give it up for her when, well, it was hers first. A little disappointed there Keith-boy. Also at mood, Stella decides to use black for her garment. Wow Stella, that's a good way to earn yourself negative points. But I guess it's okay because Jennifer didn't even use red white and blue. Though I'm not sure why this challenge had mandatory RW&B. Yeah it's the US thang but aren't there other ways? Anyways, the shocking thing is that Stella wasn't the one to choose leather, it was Korto. Now you gotta wonder what was happening here. Stella is the leatha all the way girl while Korto not so much. So this was quite the surprise for me at least. Kudos to both of them for branching out. Especially Stella.

Now back to the work room where all the fun sewing and such happens. There's not much to talk about really. Apparently Kenley has decided to make Daniel her gay-best-friend. Great. Because that's just what we need, Kenley laughing her head off. Apparently I wasn't the only one annoyed. Joe and, oh, everyone else was pretty annoyed as well. Hopefully one of the challenges will require duct tape so we can use it on Kenley's mouth. Joe was having quite the issues today I must say. First there was Daniel rethreading "his" machine. Okay, sorry Joe, but get the hell over it. It was like you were finding an excuse to hate the guy. Personally, I think Joe doesn't enjoy being the token straight guy. Unlike some past people like Kevin. Kevin ate it up. He complains that "there are too many queens around,". Well I'm sorry Joe but that's what you get when you're on Project freakin Runway. Lots and lots of gay guys. What did you expect?

Tim Gunn makes his walk around and makes the usual comments. One of the ones that stuck with me was calling Blayne's dress looking like Sergent Pepper. Of which Blayne had no idea what the hell Tim Gunn was talking about. He went on to be clueless to say that the only thing he knew nothing about the Beatles except from Across the Universe. Now, Across the Universe is a great movie but it's far from classic Beatles. Nice job Blayne of making a Foolilicious out of yourself again. The second time in the episode, the first being his obsession with tanning. Dude, get over it. I can tell that you're addicted to this tanning thing but thats one thing that we like to call "unhealthy habits". Deal with you own paleness. Plus tanning that often isn't healthy so...good thing that you're getting this PR detox.

Daniel also decides that his garment looks like Wonder Woman. Actually, I would have to disagree because to the best of MY knowledge, Wonder Woman tends to stick to something a little more skimpy than that dress, but what can ya do? On Kenley's advice he gets rid of the cape like thing he had made to go with his dress. This wasn't the only hand Kenley had in Daniel's work. She also thought his fabric was too purple, but failed to mention that to him when it was one of his bigger downfalls. Am I sensing sabotage here? For the record, I didn't think that fabric was purple. It was blue. No question in my mind. Now off to bed for more competition in the morning!

The next day, the designers are all spiffed out as they usually are for runway shows. Not sure why, but that's okay. They hastily fit their models and send them off to the product placed Loreal Paris Makeup Room and the Tresseme Hair Salon. In which they all demand red white and blue. And it's time for another runway show!

Now I'm not gonna talk about everything, just some ones I liked and some I hated. Oh but before that, I think everyone who made a dress that looked like fashion was out of their mind. They're freakin' athletes. It's kind of hard to oh, run a mile or be all tough, strong, and intimidating in big floppy hats and heels. Anyways. One I detested was Daniels, even though I adore the guy. It looked cheap it looked not thought out it just looked stupid and gross. I mean, no one pairs two bright colors like that. Never. And the buttons down the front were just the icing on the cake. Hated it, hated it, hated it. Another one I didn't really like was Leanne's. On and on with her structural things and the only color was the collar. It seemed a bit too boring. And strange. Focus the strange on the collar.Another one I didn't really like was Jerell's. It LOOKED like he was trying to be fashionable and not complete the challenge. And there was too much going on. I liked the hat though it was pretty cool. Didn't work for the challenge, but it was cool.

Now for ones I liked, isn't that lovely. Alright we're gonna start with my ultimate favorite this game, Joe. Joe just totally captured the challenge. It was sporty, which is what the Olympics are about. It had freakin USA on it. It just totally ruled, though I didn't know that was how skorts worked. I thought skorts were skirts that had shorts built in UNDER them, not that strange dysfunctional "skirt-in-front-short-in-back" thing that he has going on. Another one I really liked was Stella's. Okay yeah it's black. But it's sleek, it's sporty and it's kickass. That's all there is to it. It seemed sorta red white and blue X-Men to me but maybe that's the comic geek in me talking. Another one that I liked was Korto's, though it would not finish in my top. I liked her leather jacket thang though her pants were going to take over the world. It was fashionable, just liked Joe's better.

The top three are revealed to be Joe, Korto and Terri. The bottom three are Jerell, Daniel and Jennifer. The judges talk down to them and shower them with compliments, have a little chat and decide that Korto is the winner (though nice work Terri) and Jennifer is out (though you better do better next time Daniel or else you're in trouble). Now during this whole happening I was shaking in my seat. You see, Daniel is my personal favorite and I knew from the minute I saw his horrendous garment that this would be a very, very scary episode. So as I watched this episode, I hid behind my hands and prayed to the Project Runway gods that he wasn't the one eliminated. When it was announced that Jennifer was out, I jumped out of my seat and screamed "YES YES YES THANK YOU YOU SMART JUDGES. You were way too close on that one, it was going to be traumatizing" and I sat through next weeks preview.

Now what did I think of this episode? I thought it was traumatizing. I almost died of a heart attack and fear for my favorite Daniel being eliminated. I just hope that the judges are nicer to me in the future and don't make me practically keel over. As said, I think Joe should have won (yeah Korto's was great but his fit PERFECTLY) and I was glad that anyone other than Daniel was eliminated. Looking for more of our opinions on this episode? Stay tuned for the next episode of the podcast in which we will discuss the designs at length.

No comments: